Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: What new historical girl would you like to see?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive said it before and I will say it again....

    <font size="6">A 1920s Girl from Chicago!!!</font>

    And oh yeah, a French-Canadian/Native American girl living in Michigan during the War of 1812 would be super duper as well. In the meantime though Ill just keep using Isabel for that [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board. Sounds like you got bit by the AG bug along time ago.

    I think I would like to see a Hawaiian princess, great great daughter of King Kamehameha the Great and daughter of King David Kalakaua. Around 1873 time period. She could of traveled to England so she could have both Hawaiian and English outfits. Her accessories could be really fun.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Skywalking's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd especially love to see a pilgrim girl, especially since I've just finished a huge research project on Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish and grown to love the period again.

    I've been this close to purchasing an Elizabeth and turning her into one based on the face mold which seems like it would really suit the clothing. *eyedarts*

    I'd also love to see a girl from World War One though that's cutting it fairly close between Sam and Kit.

    I agree that a more modern African American girl would be awesome, or perhaps an Amish/Mennonite girl...

    But overall? I'm holding out for that pilgrim that I hope somehow comes out to play. *grins*

  4. #14
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skywalking:
    I'd especially love to see a pilgrim girl, especially since I've just finished a huge research project on Longfellow's Courtship of Miles Standish and grown to love the period again.

    I've been this close to purchasing an Elizabeth and turning her into one based on the face mold which seems like it would really suit the clothing. *eyedarts*

    I'd also love to see a girl from World War One though that's cutting it fairly close between Sam and Kit.

    I agree that a more modern African American girl would be awesome, or perhaps an Amish/Mennonite girl...

    But overall? I'm holding out for that pilgrim that I hope somehow comes out to play. *grins*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like your WWI idea, but I have to disagree with an Amish or Mennonite girl - especially when Amish dolls - most specifically Old Order Amish - don't have faces. That is one doll I wouldn't buy for that reason.

    Somehow a Mennonite doll seems very different from having a Jewish doll - unless they did it like Lindsey, where she had her own story and just happened to be Jewish (my point being she didn't seem to be Lindsey the Jewish girl in as much as she seemed to be Lindsey who is Jewish - hopefully that makes sense!). While I don't think anyone on this board does this, so many tourists treat the Amish as a freak sideshow instead of simply folks with different beliefs...I just see that going badly.

    I also don't think they'd like it very much. Remember, the Amish do not have missionaries (Old Orders don't - some of the more "modern" divisions, like the Beachy Amish, may, but I know the basic tenets of the Ordnung advocate being a missionary by example) and do not go out among the people in that way. (Mennonites do, though; the Amish are actually cousins of the Mennonites - Jacob Amman split with Mennon in the 1500s, I think, if my memory is serving me correctly.)

    Don't get me wrong, they've certainly become business savvy enough to use this fascination to their advantage - but in a way they've had to, just to get some peace. They'd have no dealings with Mattel and I don't think that would happen. Although I know they are aware of us English, as they call us, and I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't buy AG sized Amish outfits MADE by Amish women in Lancaster!

    If a Mennonite girl was presented in the way Lindsey was, I think that would be fine.

    Now I'll step off my soapbox.....

    WWI is so forgotten (granted, our involvement was very short but was significant nonetheless) - and remember, the flu epidemic of 1918 - which really wasn't discussed until avian flu began to rear its head - occurred during that time as well. Isn't that in one of the Dear America books, or am I inventing things?

    Sorry - guess I've gone off on a historical rant...I'm going in to work late today as my yard and the main highway are sheets of glass here in North Durham and I guess I'm bored!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm laughing right now...a 1980's historical doll?!? [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] Jenndon, I'm right there w/ ya', I was born in 1969 [img]wink.gif[/img]

    It just seems surreal to me...a historical doll from my junior high (they call it middle school now where we live)/high school years. O.K., my teen years can be "historical" if they make a Duran Duran poster to go w/ the doll. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL. Guess the word historical makes me feel a little OLD. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] GO CLASS OF 87'!

    Warmly,

    trvnbrn

    P.S. I LOVE the 1920's doll idea! Are we talking short wavy hair & drop waist dresses? CUTE!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, you younguns, you were born in 1970, I graduated from HS in 1970. I don't seen any historical value to the 70's LOL.
    Now the girl from the east coast, working class, could be as cute as a button. Maybe the 50's, OMG! is that now considered Historical?? [img]eek.gif[/img]
    And since I don't have any of the historicals I would surley buy that one. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see a Jewish historical. I think it would be so neat to have a girl form the 1920's that is Jewish, and her parents escaped from Germany before WWI. She could have neat '20s clothing, but also strugle with the knowledge that some of her family is still in Germany, and things are not going well for them.

    Just a thought! I also think a 1950s black AG would be really cute.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member samish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've always thought it would be awesome to have an Asian girl in California somewhere between Addy's and Samantha's time periods. A doll between Felicity and Josefina would be good too, as well as one between Josefina and Kirsten. Basically, I want a doll in all the time periods that have gaps right now.

    Although I doubt they'd ever do that Puritan girl idea, since such a big deal was made about Kaya being the first American girl.

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want an Italian immigrant!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •